Thursday, December 4, 2014

Five natural ingredients to survive the winter.

When winter hits, it can strike with a pretty hard blow to your skin and hair. The wind, snow and rain all respectively affect our moods and our bodies. Here are my top 5 recommendations for all natural substances that you can use to combat the harsh winter weather.





1. Shea butter
Shea butter is well known for it's moisturizing properties, it also contains vitamins A & E and fatty acids that are great for the skin. The reason I chose Shea over Cocoa is because it does not clog your pores and it has anti-inflammatory properties so it's safer to use if you have issues with acne.



2. Olive oil
Olive oil is amazing for skin and hair. It is intensely moisturizing so beware, this is mostly for people who suffer from very dry skin. I find olive oil particularly useful as a hair treatment. It nourishes and strengthens your hair when you use it which is great for me as my hair is naturally dry and so gets parched during winter months.



3. Lavender essential oil
This particular recommendation comes from the need to unwind and relax after a hectic (yet jolly) holiday season. I use it along with some chamomile tea to unwind at the end of the day and I drop a couple drops in my baby's bed time bath to subdue him.



4. Garlic
This one was a bit of a shocker to me as I was doing my research. Garlic can help stimulate hair growth, fight acne, fight colds and control weight. In addition it has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties...Is there anything garlic can't do? 




5.Epsom salt
Here's another natural ingredient that is great for relaxation. Pour some Epsom salts in a warm bath to sooth achy muscles and help circulation. Epsom salt also works great as an exfoliant and has anti-inflammatory properties. 


Well ladies and gentlemen, those are my top 5 recommended ingredients to help you through the winter. Now I think I'll go make an olive oil and garlic hair mask that I'll wear while taking a nice warm bath of Epsom salts and lavender oil then moisturize post bath with some Shea butter ;)

Toodaloo (I have no clue how to spell that) beautiful people

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment